Up-To-Date Strategies for The Best Way to Lose Weight

Welcome to Best Way to Lose Weight Headquarters. Get up-to-date information about the best way to lose weight.

1

High Protein Diet Plan

Many health experts say that people who eat diets higher in protein and moderate in carbohydrates and who engage in regular exercise often reduce blood fats, maintain lean tissue and combat constant hunger.

If you want to follow a high protein diet plan, here are some guidelines recommended by health experts:

Protein Diet PlanFor most healthy adults, the Institute of Health’s Dietary Reference Intake (DRI) allows for a wide range of protein intake–anywhere from 10 percent to 35 percent of total calories. For example, on a 1,500 calorie diet, a person can safely consume anywhere from 37 grams to 131 grams of protein per day. (One gram of protein consists of approximately four calories.)

Most people who want to eat a high protein diet plan can aim to eat about 120 grams of protein each day, but experts recommend it’s important to increase protein consumption slowly over six or seven days.

Choose lean protein sources that are nutrient-rich and lower in fat and calories like lean meats, beans, soy, and low-fat or non-fat dairy. Here are some choices for protein sources:

  • One oz. of fish or skinless poultry has seven grams of protein.
  • One large egg has six grams of protein.
  • One oz. of cheese has seven grams of protein.
  • One half cup of lentils has nine grams of protein.
  • One half cup of low-fat cottage cheese has 14 grams of protein.
  • Four oz. of soy milk has five grams of protein.
  • One oz of nuts has seven grams of protein.

Fat and Carbohydrates

Reduce fat intake to 20 percent of total calories and eat 50 percent of total calories from carbohydrates that are low on the glycemic index like vegetables, fruits and whole grains. There are about 4 calories in one gram of carbohydrates and about 9 calories in one gram of fat. Dieters should eat at least 100 carbohydrates every day. To get more detailed information about the glycemic index, go to GlycemicIndex. The website is run by the University of Sydney.

A study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition reported that participants in study lost weight and reduced hunger by eating a diet that consisted of 20 percent  of total calories from fat, 30 percent of calories from protein and 50 percent of calories from carbohydrates. The participants regulated their own calorie intake.

Calories

Health experts recommend that women should not eat fewer than 1,200 calories a day, and men should not consume fewer than 1,500 calories a day. Dieters should also not try to lose weight fast by losing more than one to two pounds a week.

High Protein Diet Plan

Always make it safe and check first with you doctor about consuming high amounts of protein or starting any diet or exercise program. While there’s no evidence that consuming more protein than average is dangerous, people who suffer from kidney disease should be cautious about eating a diet high in protein.

References:

American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 2005; 82:41-8.

“High Protein Diet for Weight Loss.” WebMD.

One Response so far.

  1. It’s going to be finish of mine day, except before ending I am reading this impressive paragraph to increase my know-how.
    dermology eye cream recently posted..dermology eye creamMy Profile

Leave a Reply





CommentLuv badge